Before I delight you with my weekly wrap up of my cycling training, I'd like to first discuss True Grit, by the Coen Brothers. Paying to see a Coen Brother's film, is like sitting in your house a week after one of the best dates of your life, wondering why the guy didn't call.
Coen's LOVE to take you on a journey for about 1.15 hours, then DUMP you on your ass when you have invested in the characters, and leave you wondering what the hell happened. I want to find them, and kick them in the ding ding for True Grit. I think we ALL know how i feel about "No country for old men". I hated that movie so much, i now refuse to watch the Oscars. "Sharkoctopus" surprises me less for getting funded than the crap the Coen's produce. Did you want to invoke an emotional response, how about this?
Oh i forgot, you can't see it. Well i'm waving my middle finger at you as hard as i can.
Ok that's enough air time for the C brothers, now to my weekly training wrap up.
i tried. I tried HARD to make friends with the wind, but she is a heartless bitch. Just when you find a little part of the lake protected by the wind, it changes direction just to dust your ass with some filth off the road, or some god awful smell, emanating from the giant pterodactyls that like to shit on me RIGHT when im gliding oh so joyfully under a tree.
However, i was only supposed to do one lap around the lake to recover, and instead, i really wanted to do two. Somehow, sometime during the second lap, the wonderful sun disappeared behind clouds that resembled the arriving alien ship in Close Encounters. Then, their buddy, the wind showed up, with a vengeance. And tomorrow is supposed to be worse.
You suck, wind. Oh wait, you blow. Yes, that's better.
I tried like hell to keep my heart rate as low as I possibly could. My speed is very slow, but, as my boss has instructed me, to keep it low to build my base. I am getting better at it.
My resting heart rate this morning came in at 57. Now, that probably doesn't seem like to you, but for the past year, it's been a solid 60. I dropped it 3 points.
Total for the week came in at 118.64, with a total of 9:47 hours @ 5 days this week, with the days off P90x stretch. I've lost 5 lbs so far.
How close am i to my goals? (deep breath) Well, i still want to drop another 5 lbs, and start increasing my speed while keeping my heart rate the same. Oh and, my first century by April (ok may)
End of line. (Have a nice saturday.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.