No, i dont need my rain jacket...were the last thoughts in my head when i left to get my 18 miles in today. It was a bit misty on my way home. And checking the weather, it promised rain later, but just "patches of drizzle".
Dear Mother Nature. Thank you for the lack of wind on the lake, or so I thought. Until i got around to the other side and you made sure I knew you still existed. by the time i made it around to my exit, it was just a little more drizzle. ""No problem" i thought! The roads aren't wet, I can handle this,
So I kept on going. AS i was nearing the dam, it started to rain. I cut back and started riding back home. SEveral cyclists passed me, looking at me, like 'you wimp'. I hate that double dare stare.
So i turn around and start back. "im no wimp". By the time i got back to that same place, the sky broke open.
Now i'm getting really wet. Then the water went into my shoe. Ugh that's a harsh feeling.
This time, i am a wimp. Hands down. When i got to my exit, i was thoroughly soaked.
Traffic was a mess. I luckily made it across both the major roads with no problem, but it's pouring, and i can barely see out of glasses. Then the wind kicked up. NOW im cold. My arm warmers, jersey, shorts, and socks..soaked thru. My head is soaked thru the vents in my helmet. Boy is taht shower going to feel nice.
So, this was my first hard riding in the rain. I was really worried i would wipe out and break a hip or collarbone, so i took it very easy. I dont know how the hell pro cyclists race in the rain. Hands down, you guys are badasses!
Oh one other letter to the lake. Dear Guy who couldn't barely ride his bike across the bridge. I appauld you attempt at exercise, but you gotta pull your pants up dude. That was some serious butt crack i got stuck behind. No im not talking see thru shorts, im talking cargos a'saggin. Pull em up dude!
Clear Skies! sigh
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.