Friday, February 18, 2011

Longest Ride this year

Today i decided to change my training plans, and get in my week's long ride in today.  The wind is at it's least, with tomorrow and sunday being even worse again.

I tried for 40 and just made it. It was windy, despite them saying this is the least amount of wind.  Somehow, 10mph in March is different than 10 mph in summer, just like 50F in summer is different than 50F in winter.  Well 10mph in March still kicks my ass.

I went a new route today. I hit the Santa fe trail. Windy, and sorta scary. I think i went further down the trail than I should have.  It seems to go to a seedy part of town.  When i started noticing the shabbier homes, and the men walking around in the streets in the middle of the day, not doing anything, I got a bit nervous.

If i roled WRL x2 and down to munger and bck, I got about 38 miles. But i wanted to hit 40, so i actually went back and hit the evil hill a third time. Weird thing is..the third time i FLEW up it, and passed this dude, then he passed me on the way down, as if it say "oh i can't let a chick pass me" lol. Whatever.

It was nice today, practically had the lake to myself.  Came back to get a shower and get some shopping done. Luckily, i got up at 6:30 to start working this morning and got all my rough drafts finished. I will have some work this weekend, but that's the price i pay for getting my miles in.

Total this week...if sunday starts the week, is 95 miles.

I kinda ache and hurt right now, so im going to bed.

Clear, windless skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.