Thursday, February 17, 2011

Downtime and Nutrition

The wind has been spectacular lately.  A few days of that, and I'd have enough. So, im taking two days off from cycling..yesterday and today.

In the meantime, I've been doing the P90X stretching.  I tried the yoga, but it really hurt my knees.

I've also been listening, because i have such a busy schedule, to Armstrong's first book as an audiobook.  I'm to the point where he talks about how his body changed so drastically from the cancer and treatment. i'm sure you guys all know the story.   BUT for those of you who don't, he lost all his bulk, and lost 15 lbs, plus all the muscle. Now,  a guy like lance, will rebuild in a hurry, and he did, because he's superhuman, but the point, is the loss of weight.

He streamlined!  I took this point home.  I mean if a guy like Lance discovers that losing a bunch of weight helps me get over mountains on a bike, i should take that point home.

Things have been sort of clicking lately.  Sunday and monday were the best ride's I'd had in a while.  I'm starting to feel strength and not fighting my bike, my body etc etc. Ok so next step.

EVERYTHING i read about being a better cyclist says to watch the nutrition.  I've resisted. I admit it. And I KNOW better!

For years i ate well, lo carb, etc.  I got really lean and i felt and looked much better, but i've resisted with my ability to come up with excuse after excuse. I'm 45 now. I'm worn out. I earned this cheesecake. Whatever.  Discard.

It all clicked the other night, and I suddenly just accepted what I have to do. If I'm going to reach my goal, I need to get serious, really serious.

Yesterday I've started my new nutrition plan.  Carbs from veggies and fruit. Lean meats and goodbye to refined sugar. In fact, in my mind, it will kill me if i eat it, so it's easier to just put it aside and focus on being thin.

Oh and also, having to wear bike shorts helped that decision as well. I gotta start looking better than a stuffed sausage in them.

More later.

peace and clear, slightly breezy skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.