Saturday, February 12, 2011

22 miles and some change

I made it!  I always feel like i'm starting over when i cycle.  If a week goes by and im not on my bike, i pay for it.  Today was the first time i felt strong-er.  I did 22 miles, and it was warm, but windy.  The trees didnt move, but the trash flying around on the roads should have been a tip off.

There were a lot of bicycles, kids, joggers, runner, large families, dogs..the usual on the lake.


Here's a question for you out there..I just rolled onto the lake, and i'm getting my bearings and starting my warm up.  I pass some old guy going slow. My intent was to keep it slow today, to keep my hearttrate down. I always say that, but i'm prone to ignoring my own minute goals.   So i start to pass some walkers, and he's right on my wheel!   I thought he was mad i passed him, so sped up and got in front of alot of walkers.

I look back, the guy is RIGHT on my ass.  He drafts me for almost a mile. Finally he shouts at me.."mind if i draft, i've blown up and i need the help".  I responded over my shoulder ok, but that i was warming up and not steady atm.  He mumbled something.  I kept it slow bec i was activating, and by the time i cleared the damn and got out on the road, i took off..mainly bec the road is so dangerous and the cars are mostly a bunch of A-holes. So, i ride to off that road, which i think is prob less than a quarter of amile, as fast as i am able. Not to mention, the road is shitty, covered in hazards.  I made it to the first stop sign, and he was gone.

Was that cool of him to draft on me like that?  I'm just curious esp since i JUST got on the lake.

It makes me nervous when someone dafts on me..mainly bec i was told i'm terrible at leading a pack.

My strength really came in about 1/2 way around. I was surprised. I know im not really supposed to get out fo the saddle for climbs, but i just wanted to. It felt pretty good esp passing some guys.  By my second loop, i had a pretty good pace going.

I dont know, maybe i've recovered a little and starting to build some strength. Core felt great.

Oh and im a HUGE believeer in P90x. I just wished i didn't look like a stuffed sausage in those damn bike shorts. Really? Can they not make some that help hold in the big girly thighs?

Anyone? Anyone?

I will upload  my rides to Garmin, then to my coach.  He'll prob say..why were you going 11mph on that easy stretch? The answer? A bigass red pickup truck that almost killed me w/ the fumes. That should be outlawed :P

I'm off to a gathering.  Lets see how tomorrow's 30 miler goes...

Be safe on the roads my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.