I realize that no one ever reads this blog. I'd be daft if I abuse that fact to write whatever i wanted! :D
Today's ride. I know you're dying to know, but before i endulge myself in that diatribe, I gotta set up my state of mind.
I think im recovering from yesterday's shoot. It was a long day, and it wore me out. Today I was over teh high from it, and struggeling w/ a short burnout. Regardless, my body just shut down today.
last night, after my ride, my long awaited Louis Garneau shorts finally arrived. I took a chance on them. It was a gamble, an expensive one, and i lost on this one :( See, last summer, i tried on a pair of shorts at my LBS, and found some i really really liked, but the price was too high. I remember searching the net, and decided to wait. Now, i can't remember what they were!! and i've narrowed it down to two diff styles, but unfortunately, the store is now out of them and has no idea what i had picked. I should have written taht crap down!
So, why so down about my new shorts? Well, i upgraded to a much mroe $$ pair of shorts, thinking they would be even better. It's taken over 3 weeks to get them, they claim due to the inclement weather. whatever. I got them last night, and threw them in the wash. Geez, me, another rookie mistake. I couldn't wait to cycle in them today. I put them on and looked in the mirror. OMG in heaven, they looked AWEFUL, and not to mention, SEE THRU. Oh yeah, you can see bent over buttcrack like crazy.
Feeling bloated and gross, i just stared at myself in the mirror. Now, i realize im prob retaining some water, but man did i look like i was wearing two hagis on my legs. Impossibly bad. I ran back in and changed. Now mentally bummed and my coping skills sitting the toilet waiting to be flushed, i set out to ride.
Who the hell ordered this wind? Are you out of your vulcan minds? 20 mph with gusts up to 25. But when you cycle the lake, its even worse coming off that water. And COLD. anyhoo, needless to say, i struggled today.
Which sucks, BTW, because yesterday i had such a great ride, despite the wind.
My numbers were abysmal when i got home and checked the data. I am achy all over. I fixed some dinner, which made me feel even more uncomrtable, and have been laying in bed, racking my brain over which shorts i had picked out a while back. But i can't.
Not to mention, and old friend who keeps wishing to contact me, did. And right after Vday. Timing sucks and i am a cold, cold person at times.
Let me throw this out to the universe. don't draft a rider w/o asking permission, don't change the subject in the middle of an argument, and absolutely, After you're a dick to someone, keep texting them acting like nothing is wrong. The air isn't clear, and time wont clear it. YOU clear it.
Sorry gang, today was just too brutal. And tomorrow looks like a rather toughie. I am not riding for the next two days, bec the wind predicted to be worse and I'm simply not up for it.
So...To the wind, i give you the bird. Stop blowing asshole!
yeah, that didnt really come out right, but you know my meaning.
The Flynnbot and i are going to sleep.
clear, windless skies
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.