http://sweat365.com/library/training-plans/cycling/century-ride/
I've just finished Week 6.
However, as with cycling, the weather can adjust that. We should change Sunday to Winday. It seems every sunday for the past month, has cleared 30+ wind gusts.
By changing to this schedule, my weekly totals drop but my time in saddle for certain days increases. I'm used to starting the week on sunday, and not monday. That changes my weekly totals alot. Before, it was 118 for last week, that changes to 103. But it's more in line and makes more sense. That means, if i just do 15 moderate today, I will clear 117 for the week, 10 more than it says i should. Im ok with that.
Week 7 is when the miles start to really increase during the week. That will be my biggest change and challenge over training from last year, when i could only get one loop in before work. Right now, cycling early afternoon or after work, is ok bec its the warmest part of the day. Come summer, you can't get out past 9 am, or you'll go up like a california wildfire. this translates into 'get my ass up earlier'.
Boring. I know. Lets talk about the two hags that cut me off climbing hills yesterday then literally stopped in front of me to look back for their friends. I almost collided with one, and had some choice words for her. I rarely get nasty with at anyone on the lake, but by the second time, i was just plain irritated. Just bec im fat girl on a bike, doesn't mean some trimmed up hag in a tri kit can treat me like asphalt. I stimulated the left side of her brain with a few choice words on cycling etiquette. I don't' think she appreciated the lesson, and yelled something back at me. Catch me and tell me to my face. I didn't say that, but i wanted too. I got some martial arts under my belt. Bring it.
that's the thing..normally, im a nice person that doesn't care for confrontation, or public scenes. However, when i am put in a competitive situation, I'm not so nice. In fact, i can be a real bitch. I don't mean to be, but it comes from somewhere dark that usually stays locked up. Well, she opened the door, and i can't be responsible for the verbal beating she got. Kinda felt good tho, i admit :D
The other issue is my weight. Oh here we go again, says every guy who might read this. Gee, a girl bitching about her weight. What am i? New?
Yesterday, i kept my cal's at the right level, and didn't anymore than usual, but i ate them later, and of course, gained 1.5 lbs today. The past two days, of harder cycling, i haven't even lost weight when i come back. WEIRD.
Guys, the female body is as much a mystery to us, as it is to you. We follow the guidelines, workout constantly, and we gain weight. Yeah yeah it's water or it's this or that. But bottom line, it's demoralizing. Screw you water-retaining female tissue. Our monthly cycles (OH NO! I said the M word!) don't help either. We hate it as much as you do. (For the record, No i am NOT on that time of the month, i'm just saying our bodies change weekly because of it) So quit cringing and deal with our obsessing about it. You want hot chicks, and that's the price. If you want girls w/ no cellulite then date a tranny. I hear Tula is looking and RuPaul has a whole show just waiting for you.
wow, that sounded less angry in my head. I meant it to be funny, but desperately,
I think i've sufficiently digested my large breakfast of 400 cals, (omg was i STARVING this morning), and the wind has picked up enough to bring out the bitch in me. I'll take the toy mice out of my cycling shoes (that's where Flynn enjoy's storing them) and get my chubby butt out on the lake to spread my warm feelings of joy! :D
Clear, windless, tropical skies to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.