I just want to throw this out there.
FIrst, I thought i had a gash in my tire from Sunday's flat. I took it to RBM and Joe there, who is my hero, convinced me i didnt need a new tire, and told me to get out and ride. Thank you Joe!! You will have my business from now on!
Second. It was Valentine's Day last night. I don't have valentine's. I love it actually. But i am now single, and I'm really ok with not having plans with anyone for that day. I had my own plans.
I raced home from RBM, and got out on my bike. Thank you again Joe, for topping off my tire.
It was later than i've written all year, but it has been unseasonably warm since the shitstorm of ice and snow we've had lately.
The sun was going down, and I noticed a lot of couples having V-day picnics. And all i could think to myself is "im having more fun than you" :D
I was hoping for a good, flatless ride. In fact, my legs activated, and I was able to chick this guy on a hill wearing a full Cervelo kit. (I'm pretty sure he was either "recovering" or was turning off the trail, but i'd like to think, once in a while, i'm pretty awesome).
What i didnt count on, aside from the damn wind, was the sunset.
AT this point, the lake was deserted. I figure the only people left were either singles or those in bad relationships. I'm ok with that.
As i came around one bend in the trail, the sun broke through a batch of low clouds. Only those who were around the lake at that moment saw what i did. The lake was PINK. the whole sky was lit up like a pepto-bismal bottle. It looked like someone died the lake that color. I almost wrecked. I rounded the footbridge, and came around the other side of the lake. The sky turned gold. So did the lake. The mirror reflection of one of texas' most incredible sunsets is def something to behold.
I took the asphalt hill hard and stomped my pedals for an interval. Then i got my reward by the super downhill of awesome. When you come around that corner, there is a row of houses that looks across the lake.. There is one house, made of glass. (Note..ordinarily, i consider a house of glass in Tornado Alley a pretty stupid idea, sorta like building a mudthatch on a fault line..oh wait, they do that...back to my story)
But if you there, on the bike trail, or in that glass house, overlooking the lake, what you saw, proves that there is beyond a shadow of a doubt, a universe full of wonder.
The entire sky, the entire lake, was magenta. I've never seen this before. And as the cold wind whipped my arms and my face, i got tears in my eyes. IF anyone has stopped me as asked if I were crying, i would maintain that the wind slaps the slober and water from my eyes, but to behonest, I was. I was so overwhelmed by how great cycling is, and what a great life i had, that i couldn't help it.
Ok, now you know. I"m a sap and a hopeless romantic. Where a sky can turn me to gu.
And to make my night even better, i didn't flat.
Back home, I shared a plate of sphegetti w/ my crazy cat, Flynn Spicyweiner, and curled up to watch more BSG.
Best Valentine's...EVER!
Clear Skies Bitches!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.