Chores are done, visiting is over, all food is eaten for the day. Time to blog!
For some reason, i got it in my head to do this 12 days challenge. It's where I ride for 12 days straight...to include active recovery etc. Today is Day 11. I've logged over 337 miles, 24:41 hours and burned over 13,000 calories. I also ate alot of calories too, but that's the best part.
Saturday was the all day affair and yesterday, i was so worn out. I felt fine, energetic, but when i hit the road, i was sluggish, and tired. I suppose that's my body's way of saying "I need to recovery". So, i did a very short 13 mile, stupidly slow ride. And then slept on and off all day. Boy was that great. I dragged my ass to a movie. I wanted to see the new Pirates. It was ok...a nice little escape but I wasn't super keen on the ending. The left the backdoor, and the front door, wide open for the next chapter in the series.
Today, I anticipated being very tired on the bike. I slept in til about 7:30, and had arranged to meet my boss and his running/riding partner for a ride. I got the lake early, and did about 7 miles, 2 loops of sprinting northcliff. Right on time, my boss shows, but T had flatted and decided to pack it in. Too bad!
On a breakfast of oatmeal and Roctane, we took off at a nice, easy pace. Recovery ride for him, and i had thought mine would be too. i gotta tell ya..that Roctane is giving me some serious energy.. I never really bothered until a co worker gifted me with a handful of them. Something about caffiene my body really Likes! I had so much energy, that I was able to get in three laps with him, plus sprinting up several hills. Allright then! Interval day! I'm all about that. My total...41 miles. That was a pleasant surprise.
I am beginning to think there is really something to this active recovery stuff. I've never ridden better in my life. I'm even handleing the wind a lot better too. Ok so hat's off to my new pal WES at RBM. The refit to the bike has made all the difference in the world.
I am a bit sore. and am looking forward to a little stem treatment and heating pad, but nothing like i used to be. A bath would be nice, but darnit, i just cleaned the tub and don't feel like dirtying it up again.
I have one more day of my 12 day challenge.
I have another challenge in mind..i wonder if anyone will want to do it??
CHALLENGE ANYONE??
Clear, calm skies.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.