Friday, May 6, 2011

Really just a pain in the butt

Remind me, please, the next time i say "i'm going to try a thinner saddle"...BAD IDEA!

I'm now on saddle #8.  The last one, I rode into the pain, and now I am suffering with a strained hamstring and dodgy sciatic nerve. It hurts to the point that thursday i went to the chiropractor and masseuse in the hope of hurrying along a cure. No such luck.

Then, it was off to RBM for another round of saddles and options. I gotta say..Love RBM for sticking in there with me and trying to help. Endless Patience these guys have.  One guy told me he has a client who's on her 27th saddle, and has ordered sth specific off in the internet. I would like to talk to her.

So, now i have another saddle, that's 3x thicker than my last saddle.

According to the chiro, the thinner saddle seemed to pull on my hamstring away from the buttbone, causing it to spasm, whopping the sciatic nerve a good one.  Then my foot goes all pain and numb from clenching.

But RBM went out of their way, to research a similar problem and print out the article for me...Glute exercises.  They said they would help.  Of course, i'm a little nervous doing them right away with the pain.

The unfortunate thing, is that I am signed up for Head for the Hills in Ceder Hill.  I've already paid, damnit.  I should have waited and the little voice in my head said DONT DO IT.   I am packed and ready to go, and my bike has a shiny bath and is patiently awaiting me.  I fear if i wake up in this much pain, I wont be able to ride.

"Twenty miles", i've been cautioned by Wes/RBM. "DO NOT PUSH IT"  Im slated to do the Wild Ride at the end of the month too, and i really don't want to hurt myself further.

So, now i have a new seat, that I haven't even been able to try.  Risky? yeah.

But, i figure...twenty miles in the hills. I can do that. And if i can't, i'll SAG and get in my car, and not beat myself up for at least TRYING.



Clear, calm skies to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.