Thursday, May 12, 2011

Early Early Early

In two weeks, is the Wild Ride, that I signed up for a few months ago. It's 60 miles.

Now that I have a new saddle, and little to no hamstring pain, I am attempting to ramp up my training. 

Tuesday, hills, wed 2 laps and today, two laps. But the last two days, have been at 5 am in the morning.

I find it interesting, that when i rush home from work, it takes me about 30-40 mins to get ready, but for an early ride, i can whip my ass out the door within 15 minutes. I'm not sure how i do  that.

AT any rate, it's the first time cycling seriously in the dark.  I rather like it. It's almost like certain senses are removed.  I was a little nervous at first, but i just went with the flow.  The cool part, is that the length of the road, is removed bec I can't see that far ahead. Even my Northcliff nemisis of a hill, posed little problem. 

I also want to give snaps to Honey Stinger Energy Chews. OMG, give these a try, an thanks to Philip for introducing me to them.  They go down quick, and don't make you gag trying to choke them down.  And they're not so sugary sweet either.  Great yummies and the energy boost is very good.

I'm back into compression socks, and a chiro visit today.

So far 60+ hours this week, but i have to get 30 in saturday, and 50 on sunday.  Finger's crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.