I had a conversation with a close relative tonight. She mentioned to me that she could only do 3 miles on her nice bike, and was frustrated at her fitness level. When she mentioned that she guessed she'd have to work up the miles thru the pain, a red flag went off in my head.
I called her immediatly. Do you feel your feeting getting tingly? "yes". Do you feel a pain either in your leg or bum? "yes".
I know little about physiology, but I do know what I've personally experienced. I told her that eitehr her saddle and bike fit were wrong, or both. Her comment "i feel like im battling my bike, and I know im better than this". Words that are ALL too familiar.
Ladies, or anyone who reads this, if you feel these types of pains when you ride, STOP RIDING. Go to your local bike shop and get a refit or new saddle immediatly.
I've realized lately, the difference btwn a low fitness pain, and a damaging pain. The symptoms above may be nothing, but please, please DO NOT let someone tell you that you have to work thru that kind of pain. You wont. And if you do, it's prob bec you've damaged your nerves to the point of no return.
It might be nothing, but I can tell you, from experience, that that is NOT how cycling should feel. Unfortunately, most bike shops are so eager to make a commission, they forget what cycling is all about.
I will again, tout the awesomness of WES at RBM, and some of the other tech guys.
However, I am NOT pleased with their sales force. I realize it was a saturday late afternoon, but when this pushy bike salesman realized my friend wasn't going to bike a 3200 bike right then, he got very testy and told us we had to "rush this up bec they were closing in 20 minutes".
NOW excuse me, but if I were going to spend 3k on a bike, he can shut the fuck up and kiss the ass of the customer. I will NEVER buy a bike from that guy, and I'm less convinced buying one from RBM is a good idea.
Shop around. Ride bikes. And if anyone from RBM reads this, DON"T PUSH YOUR $$$$ BIKES so damn hard. If you work on commission and you want to be a pushy car salesman, then go to that market. I didn't appreciate your attitude dude and I wont buy anything from you.
i can't attest for other sales guys. I will say tho, that Saturday is probably the WORST day to look at a bike in a bike shop. Go during the week, when the sales guys don't feel so rushed.
Just some insights....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.