Ahh the Calorie. The fuel we need, and yet in excess, the bane of our existence, unless you are one of those lucky bitches who can eat what they want and not gain weight. (don't take offense, i'm just so jealous).
Cycling. It has brought me to a conclusion I've mentioned before. The calorie is NOT my enemy, but used wisely, my friend.
Livestrong.com is a powerful tool in your arsenal. Nope, i have no endorsement, or sponsor, or anything. I use the free website, bec i haven't learned if the Gold is worth paying for. But what i can tell you, is that the website went from being a documentation of my poor decisions, to a tool of choices.
I went from eating cheese as a comfort and grazing food, to hardly eating it at all. Not conciously, but because i discovered how many calories it had in it, and those calories were not the benefit to my quest.
What is my quest? Look better in those stupid bike shorts, oh and ride centuries. I got serious about these goals this january. Have I achieved either? Not yet, but i"m on my way.
this is the first time, in my life, that i have stuck to any sort of nutrition endeavor. I'm not kidding. I always had to use exercise to exercise the weight demon, but now that I'm 46, that doesnt work anymore. What a bitch.
I started logging my food Feb 20. Since then, I've lost 10 lbs. Ten lbs. that's not a lot, is it? But I am replacing fat with muscle, and my heart rate has dropped = fitter. I'm still awaiting to see what my blood work says, although I have a feeling i've inherited my mothers cholesterol issues (that's for another blog entry)
Today I made it to 129.4...but this time, it was my waking weight, not my after riding 30-60 mile weight. of course, i prob just blew it w/ the popcorn and hotdog i splurged on.
My goal now, is to maintain 129 for more than one day. I've been maintaining 130-131 for a few months.
My Longwinded point is...If you're struggeling, use livestrong.com. Don't cheat. Be honest. It sucks, but suddenly, you'll start making some really good choices. I still want to eat a whole chocolate cake in one sitting, but at least i feel like i've the will power to choose something.
Btw..Kale chips..awesome out of the oven, disgusting the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.