After about 8 hours of sleep, and a serious amount of carboloading the night before, I decided I was still going to shoot for my goal of cycling 30 miles. In White Rock Lake terms, this means about 3 loops around the laking, and including the mileage from my house to the lake.
I got up around 7, but couldn't bring myself to actually get up til around 7:30. (I hate getting up early on the weekends). I had my morning road snack, and everything else ready to go. I left my house by 8.
By the time i got to the lake, i discovered a race in progress. You just never know at WRL who or what is going to be happening there. I joined in the fun, and began my three loops. Loop one, no gu, and i suffered throu it. My bum was still sore from yesterday, and it took a while to activate the muscles.
Loop two, included a thing of GU, went much better. Loop three, and a Roctane later, I started around the lake again. This time, I was tired. I hit my first hill on the road, which i believe is called "the dollies" and i had a really hard time climbing it on my bike. I dropped down to 9mph, and a cyclist was shadowing me, finally approached and mentioned that he thought my seat was way too low. I believe he was right, bec i was practically in a fetal position. I think my seat had settled some.
I made it around the third time, with I gotta tell ya...that Gu is some amazing stuff. I highly recommend it, if you can keep from throwing up trying to gulp it down.
It got hot, but all being said, I was very happy that i managed 3 loops without much training. IT took almost all summer last yera to get to that point.
Then of course, my body went into "i need alot of food" mode, and i countered all goodness with as much food as i could find. Damnit.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.