Thursday, August 19, 2010

Meltdown madness

It's ten days until the start of the HHH.  
I'm having issues. 

First of all, I've seemed to have slightly damaged the perennial nerve and it hurts.  I hate to say that I paid $75 to be broken. *Sigh* I went to get refitted just so I wouldn't hurt so much because I knew my bike and I weren't setup correctly.  What have i done?

"It's a constant process" is what I'm told. Well, i guess if it weren't, Lance Armstrong wouldn't have a staff constantly following him around with allen wrenches.

I tried to ride around the block, and I hated my new shoes.  I mean, i've not hated a pair of shoes this much in ages.  I should have seen the problems from the start, but honestly, if someone doesn't point them out to you, how are you going to learn??

I dont know if it's all ratcheted shoes, or just this one pair, but although they fit really well elsewhere, the ratcheting part cuts into the top of my foot.  I tried all sorts of adjusting and they just hurt.  Also, i hate the material they're made of. I know this sounds really stupid, but they made my feet overheat.  I couldn't WAIT To get them off.  

Thing is, I don't want to be a problem customer. I don't want to be that person that walks into the shop and all the men go "oh geez, here comes this years candidate for Miss Pain in the Ass." I really don't. On the other hand, why should i suck it up and feel so uncomfortable that I give up cycling?  

This is the same crap I ran into with SCA and sword fighting. Back then, women weren't fighting so much, and most men would tell us little girls "Oh just get some small guys stuff and suck it up".  oooo nothing pisses me off more.  

Anyway, I'm sure after I take back these shoes, and get something else, I'll be a lot happier.  But i absolutely refuse to believe, that I'm being difficult. I just want shit to work. That's all! Arg.

My very sweet boyfriend surprised me by not getting irritated or mad with me, but instead, hugged me, and told me he would help, and then put on a Jacki Chan movie that makes me laugh.  Jackie always makes things better, doesn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.