Friday, August 27, 2010

Not long now...

It's about that time i've been training for. time to leave for the falls, with bikes in tow, for the annual hotter than hell 100, or HHH.  I wont be riding a century, but definitely the 100K.

I havent ridden the 100K since i was about 22 years old. I did it on an old Trek 660 a friend sold to me for about 600$. I had those toe stirrups, regular tennis shoes and a tshirt. i still have, and wear sometimes, the bike shorts i wore.  Yes, i can still fit into them, well they do stretch.

Im 45 now, and I may  not be in the best shape of my life, but i'm not in the worst, and cycling has been my savior this year.

Looking back on this year of training, it's only been about 5 weeks of hard cycle training.  From bruised feet to bruised nerves in my general seating area (will leave that up to your imagination) to messed up derailers and chains.  Not to mention the 100s of coinage spent. I am ready.

I  AM ready.

Now i just wait for my bf to come home so we can leave. And take a big deep breath.

Here is my prayer. I pray that tomorrow i can get up without too much pain. I pray that I can manage my digestive track adequately with no catastrophes, but more I pray to have the stamina and energy to withstand the harsh winds and terrain, and the fortitude for all of us to get along and not have any meltdowns.  My goal is to survive with fuel in my tank, and a time of not more than 5 hours.

Good luck to all cyclists out there.  May no one crash and cross the finish line safe and sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.