Just as I start to write this, Peter Grabriel's "Solsbury Hill" came on Pandora. That's a good sign.
I've gotten to a point in my injurty recovery, that I'm able to push through the pain. I'm not sure if that means it's healing at it's own rate, if my brain is telling me it's ok with it, or if I'm killing off some important nerve I'm going to need when im 75. Either way, I'm back in the saddle.
Speaking of saddles, my test WTB thinline Deva saddle is pretty cush. I like the gel on top. Even tho I'm told i should graduate from that to a gel-less seat later after i've healed. IT's hard for me to agree to that when i bounce around in the saddle and dude, let me tell ya, on a sore nerve, that hurts! I'm totally sure there are very good reasons to have a harder seat...i.e. less nerve damage or sth, but I'll be damned at this point if i care!
My second good news is that I got new cycling shoes. Specialized moto mtbs. Friday I must have tried on about every cycling mtb shoe in the proper dallas area. The closest of the Specialized were the Bontrangs. Unfortunately, no one in my neighborhood had them in my size, so a trip to Richardson was in order. The drive wasn't bad, and Andy was gracious enough to take me up there. The minute i put them on, i liked them, alot.
Now i've clocked about 40 miles in them, and I call tell ya..they are as close to perfect that I'm going to get without going to a road shoe. Very light and great fit. But i've not done a 100k in them yet, so that remains to be seen!
I'm mentally and i think about as physically fit as I can before a ride like this. I'm excited that my sister is coming down and she gets to be a part of it as well. I am hoping this wont be my last year, and that I get to continue to ride other rides...
Just get me through the next few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.