Friday, August 6, 2010

My darlin Clementine

I haven't blogged about cycling, or anything, a while. Here's my update!

Last week, I pushed myself into an over 50's weekend.  I rode 20+ miles on saturday, and sunday I pushed hard for 31.  I did it, and felt really good.

One discovery...GU.  My boss is becoming a marathon coach, and has given me a training schedule to get ready for the Hotter Than Hell Hundred bike rice in Wichita falls, which is where I happen to be from.

I've got less than a month.  He gave me this weeks training schedule.

Monday off, tuesday wed thursday 13 miles, and alot of em on sat and sunday.

It didn't work out that way. I rode Tuesday.  It was hot. Really hot. I love hot weather, but seriously. This is just plain annoying.  I pushed through my ride, feeling some gastric distress and miserable.  All night my bones ached. I hurt all over, even my hair hurt!!

Wed was out bec it was Panda's birthday, so i made my attempt to ride last night.

I drank more of this hydrating stuff called NUUN, and within minutes, gastric distress. Ugh.  I got on my bike anyway, and made it around the block.  OH MY holy sunshine.  It was so wretchedly hot.  The earth has broken out of it's orbit and is hurling itself to the sun.

I decided to screw this, and go back inside. I've tried to learn along time ago, not to beat myself up when i fall short of a goal. But for some reason, I just felt really down about missing my workout.

So, i decided to do what my boss says, and get my ass out of bed and ride the lake..early a.m.  

I was up half the night kinda worying about it.

Buit i did it. I got up, and down a gu, and headed out.

Things I have learned.  It's a lot cooler around 6:30 am.    The breeze on a bike is actually cool.  Gu felt awesome on my tummy, and watching the sun come up over the lake was fantastic. Not to mention, one of the best rides of my life. 

I'm hooked on morning rides..no more hot afternoon crap until after the race!!! GU!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.