Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday Morning...

Now that I've had a recovery monday, Tuesday is my next big day out.

Early. like before the sun shines. or even squints an eye open. It's dark, and it's time i start riding in the dark, and try out my new bike lights.

I'm nervous and don't sleep much at all the night before. But i prepped my bike and had everything ready.

I dragged my ass out of bed. I had some pretty harsh girlie cramps. Ok sorry, I know i should have warned you guys about saying anything bout girlie problems.   You know, you're just going to have to get over it. It's tough on us girls...esp when training. And yeah, they hurt pretty bad. So, 2 advil and a Gu, and im ready to hit it.

When i got outside, about 6 am, the sky was juuuuust starting to lighten.  I flipped on my new lights..and yes, they rock. Started my tracking device and took off. It's pretty dark and i'm nervous.  It's really hard to see anything in the road.

Ok now I stop for an Editoral.  Girls, or guys or anyone for that matter. If ANYONE says to you, "oh, you're riding in the twilight  or dark in the city, you just need a light for cars to see you.  I CALL BULLSHIT!!!

You need a really good lamp. No questions but!  I found a pretty good 135lumins at Performance on sale for 69$.  It works really well, save you've got this heavy battery pack strapped to the bike.  It's hard to see the road, or any potholes or ANYTHING you might hit.  And joggers..ok here i go again.

So i get on the lake. If i thought the neighborhood is dark, the lake is WAY darker!  Shit you can't see the hand in front of your face. There aren't any city lights on it. So it's way dark.  The road is anyway.

NOW for my jogging rant.  JOGGERS..Attn! WEAR LIGHT COLORED CLOTHING!! We can't see you standing in your dark running clothes, standing in the middle of the F@#($*@#($* road!! I almost hit 3 runners.  I dont want to hit anyone. We can share the road, but..seriously!! HElp us out here.

I just got over the dam, past the first hill and onto the dollies, when i finally could see my bike computer. 0s.  For some stupid reason, the computer wasn't picking up my sensors.  Damn. So i rode the whole day w/o my Cateye, however, now the Iphone App cyclemeter is working fine.

Here's something else i want to pass on to you most loyal of readers..all 0 of you :D

We zoomed into the GPS data...it cuts corners. So that is why your bike computer is way more accurate. And why the iphone app is just a bit off on the speed. Thank you very much!

Well, it was a great ride. My abdomen hurt alot, damn, but i saw a falling star. And i accomplished my first morning dark ride. Yea me.

Now i just have to get my bf out of bed to ride w/ me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.