Hello my quiet little friends
Sometimes I can't wait to get to my computer to blah blah blah about what happens in my life, esp since i know that no one ever reads this :D It's therapeutic! (thank god for spell check because I can never spell that word right the first time, or half of the ones i type).
With a few days left to go before the big cycling race, I have to admit my stomach has been in knots. Not just for my physical state, but also for the physical state of my bike. It has been in the shop for the past two days. The poor tech couldn't figure out how to get my gears to shift correctly. Finally, a seasoned cycling came in and taught him how to re-cable the rear gears of my bike.
Another 100$ sheesh. Well, they didnt charge that much, only 10 for the labor, and $40 for the chain. But i spent the rest on gels, tubes and spare air. Can't have enuf spares in a ride like this one.
I couldn't wait to get home and try it out. Since they told me to watch using a really high gear on the bike in the granny gear, bec the design of the bike makes the chain strike against the front derailer (a design flaw IMO), i pushed the bigger gear. i pushed it all over that damn lake, as fast as I could. It felt great but it was one of those rides I never felt I caught my breath. Furthermore, the gears skipped a bit now and then on the big gear. Annoying, but not as jolting as trying to get the bike into the higher gears.
I raced around the lake, my average mostly around 17-18. I was happy with that. although, man these guys just pass me like im standing still.
And, tru to my form, yes there are parts of me that still sting when i hit on the seat a certain way. I am seriously rethinking these ultra shorts from Performance. I wish i could afford the new Garneau's, but I've pretty much spent this season's budget. Next year!
Now for the weather. A cold front came in yesterday. Unbelievable the difference 10 degrees makes, but 20?? I can't believe i was riding at 6:30 and i wasn't feeling like the skin being flayed off my bones.
Another awesome benefit of riding at night, is that when i get home, I don't eat. I try not to eat. And i lose weight. I'm now down the 6 lbs i wanted to lose. That means, this morning as i write this, i get to eat one of Ramiro's awesome breakfast sandwiches.
So, two more days. I'm off riding for the rest of the week til the event. I am praying my bike makes it there without anymore snafu's.
Fingers crossed the weather stays nice. Hello Wichita Falls!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.