Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sex in the City with Every Girl in the city

SMASH IT is wrapped! I finished the last episode today at 6:45. Uploaded it to the server, than because my boyfriend is on an ultimate tournament, I decided to slink off to a Wednesday night viewing of Sex in the City at Studio Movie Grill.  Here i am, after work, in my workshirt and jeans, entering the  movie theater on what can only be, Yenta night at SMG.All i wanted, was to sit in the dark, in a small theater and watch a chick flick w' a very stigma drink and enjoy my relaxation. 

The theater was full of women.  I've never felt so underdressed. And Loud. Boy were these women LOUD.   What is it when women get together in some sort of solidarity convention that they have to let the hallway know they exist.

"I'm in hell" i said outloud, as the trailers start rolling. Where is my Cosmo. Well, that's fairly pretentious of me, isnt it?

The  trailers starts.. These chicks are start chattering away. My god, please shut up during the "it's time to shut off my phone and shut up trailer time". At this point, I'm deciding whether to turn in my ticket for a refund, or hit my light again to insist to bring me drink faster.

The movie begins. The volume is loud enough to drown out the yentas, yet, not ear splitting. Then my drink arrives.

Halfway through my Cosmo, i suddenly remember a lot of things.  Hanging w/  my best friend on a sat after work, talking about relationships, or lack of thereof. Or careers. or our weight.  And like a temperal whoosh from star trek, all the girls are quiet, drunk and virtually holding hands.

I read the reviews of this movie.  It was really good until the last 15 minutes when it all goes to  silly hell.  We all realize it would never, even if the first 2/3 of the movie could happen in it's slightest measure to any of us, happen to us. But we're caught up in the fantasy anyway. (Btw..who wears 5" heals in NY to catch a cab?)  Ok so the end is really stupid. But, well it's all fantasy. And escape. And in the end, I realized in my cosmo haze. My job rocks. My clothes are awesome bec they represent how great my  job is, even tho i'm in a polo shirt, jeans and really expensive after hiking shoes from Sport Authority.  But my job is great. My bf is great.   

My life isn't wrapped in designer labels, or 5sth heaven real estate, or $500 shoes.  A little smirk crosses my face. Yep, we're all the same in this room.  We're women. Life is awesome.  Because Im in my life, not on the outside looking in. 

Cozumel in one day. I'm on vacation bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.