Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The joy of a hot chocolate

Sometimes, i wonder about those whom have an addictive personality.  I don't. It's hard for me to commit to a long term workout regime, or stick to drinking 8 glasses of water a day, or even taking medication on a regular basis.  However, there is one thing that I love 365 days of the year, and that is chocolate.  There is rarely a day when i don't crave it, desire it, enjoy it, or am grumpy for lack of it.  It taste good for breakfast aka hot chocolate, it's great for brunch, lunch, after lunch, a mid afternoon snack, dinner time or that late night attack.  It's totally unfair.  I know the god's have discovered ways of making it less painful in dealing with the aftermath..i.e. weight gain, by filling it with splenda.  Oh splenda, how I love you too.

So back to my chocolate addiction. Frankly, there is no substitute. In my 45 years, i've never met a chocolate i hated. Dark chocolate isn't necessarily my favorite, until i discovered Dove's dark. Mmmm.  Just the thought of it soothes my soul.  There is rarely an instance when chocolate doesn't make the bad days better.

I just finished my hot chocolate of the morning. This one is laden with sugar, because I am out of my diet/ splenda version. But since I didnt eat anything since 4 pm yesterday, I felt I earned it.  Of course, do we really ever "earn" or "deserve" chocolate. I think so.

that's my story, and I'm stickin to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.