I am a creature of habit. And it goes against my nature to change my routine to avoid rapists, home invansionists, etc. Our society tells us to alter our routines to avoid the average stalker. That mental exercise eventually effects my morning routine, at a subconscious level.
This morning i missed my morning workout. I don't know what it is lately, but all i want to do is sleep. I dragged myself into the shower, leaving on only the makeup mirror light. Now, i wont reveal my actual graphic steps, but the question that pops into my mind is, what body part do you start washing first? I ALWAYS start with the same body part. ALWAYS. And i have a very strict, regimented paradigm. I can do it half asleep, ensuring that even if my mind leaves my body and the tasks at hand, and ponders the last movie i saw, or what i'll be facing at work, my dependable routine will get the job done.
Only this morning, I got so distracted by thinking about work, that i transposed the body cleaning parts with the hair and facial wash. That's usually in the beginning. Now, having gotten through my normal routine, and missing a few steps, has thrown my whole morning off. I had to bring my brain back into the mundane washing process, and mentally struggle to remember to wash my face and put conditioner in my hair.
These are not hard tasks, nor do they require much more brain power than lifting a mere finger, but the fact that before I had any caffeine, that I'm half awake and distracted, and just wanted the luxury of not making any decisions before 9 am, rips me from my complacent subconscious to my harsh reality of the world.
This has caused my over dosing on caffeine and possibly a chocolate indulgence later in the day. Damnit.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.