Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Running

I've decided to take up running again.  This time, w/ a plan, thanks to my marathon running boss and co workers.  Yesterday, I decided to get over my fear of running in the morning in my neighborhood.  I got outside around 6 am. It's a bit dark, but the promise of sunshine is encouraging. Humid. But there were several neighbors out, of all ages and some w/ dogs. I figure, not so bad. I ran almost 3 miles and it felt great.  I am empowered.

today. i am very tired.  I worked long hours yesterday and ate a late dinner.  My bf had gone to tennis, so he ate a late dinner, and paid for it at 3 am. He's still asleep in the recliner. poor thing. But he woke me up too, and it took forever to get back to sleep.  So, i dragged myself out of bed. Nothing in my body or brain wants to do this today. Not to mention, first day of my cycle. in a word..BLEH.

I decided on a compromise. As much as i'd rather stay in bed, i got up, and decided to walk a mile. According to my chart, today is a recovery day.  So, i walked very hard and stretched 1 mile.  Just one. IT was humid, very humid, and NO neighbors out today, but i did see a lot of cats and birds.  Even fang gave me a visit and  was rewarded with a snack.

My dad is encouraging me to write the other book.  So i outlined it. It's easier.  A one off.  But i still want to right pandora's story.  She haunts me.  Vo session today, a meeting , and a lot of editing.  Ok universe, give me energy and grace. I need it in spades today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.