Monday, March 17, 2014

March..Already?

Please someone put mother nature on some medication, because her bipolar mood swings are giving me whiplash!
Hello World! It's 38F in Texas and it was about 70 on saturday, and will 70 again tomorrow.

I believe in  signs. I also believe in karma.  If things go your way, run with it. 
With a fire lit under me, I cleaned out my garage and sold a bunch of stuff (still lots to sell...gotta tackle this in waves).  Then, a surprise buyer for my trusty and beloved orange Felt.  I love that bike, and letting it go was a tough decision, but it was time to move into the carbon world of bicycles.

So, i took the plunge and got a fancy Specialized Amira in black and chartreuse (i.e. A bright cross between yellow and green).   Coupled with my fancy Specialized CG-R seatpost, and a few failed attempts at new saddles, I have returned to using the Brooks Cambium, mens edition.

And yet, I still have some problems.   Now that the bone rattling aluminum frame is out of my life, and the vibration absorption of road noise is in my world, i am left with the original problem i developed over 3 years ago... Left Seat Bone nerve pain.

I've had it.  So, i've turned to the internet to find a solution.  Lot's of medical professionals have part of the idea, but no one knows the whole story.  Since i live in my body, I decided to do some research with my body history in mind.

I do seem to have a few issues, but it boils down to a wonky left leg. I'm sure that's the official medical term. Regardless, i am told repeatidly that my RIGHT SI joint pops out.  So i started with that.  I found this wonderful website:

http://bernadettebirney.com/2012/01/stuck-a-magical-unsticker-for-cranky-s-i-joints.html

I do not know this lady, and please don't do anything without seeking medical approval first. My official disclaimer. Regardless, i tried it, and it didn't get any sort of magical "pop", like i do when my chiro twists me like a pretzel or the PT yanks my right leg.  But, i could feel stuff like tendons moving around and some rubberbandish feeling. hrm.  Then for a brief time, the seat bone pain disappeared. Riding was wonderful for about 8 miles.  I'd try it again, in the grungy mulch but i wouldn't bend my back leg.  I discovered that worked too..for about 6 miles.

Just guessing, I am back to dealing with what i had to with my Right leg, many years ago.  The knee cam is off alignment, and it was pulling everything off kilter, causing all sorts of hamstring issues. I had a minor knee surgery that fixed it. But i didnt do that on the left leg. hrm.

Since the small stretch above seemed to work a little, i decided to make the yoga plunge. Nope, not at a class or gym. I am too self conscious at the time. I decided to try using a yoga App on my Roku. (yogasessions.tv) 
There is a very basic 40 min intro to yoga. Just what i was looking for.  SportSkool is the company.  Within doing two sessions i felt better.  I incorporated the above stretches after my body was adequately warmed up.  My left hamstring has stopped singing so loudly.

I am laying off the the bike until tomorrow, and will do more of this tonight. In fact, I decided this is something i want to do every day. Not just because im hoping it will stretch those rubber bang taunt tendons and muscles, but because i actually feel better emotionally. 

However, i am strongly considering going back to my old knee doctor in arlington as a last straw....

More later peeps. Pray for clear calm skies and warmer temps!

Be safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.