After processing what's been going on, I said i would blog about it. Here goes...
I've been having alot of trouble getting fitted properly on my bike. My new fitter, who is AWESOME, discovered a little anomaly. That can only happen with someone who fits organically and doesn't rely on a machine.
Off to the doctor i go. This time, i decided to go back to the doctors at TMI Sports in Arlington.
After many x-rays and looking through my last scans, he noticed that after the accident, my right seat bone does indeed sit a bit higher than my left.
Cycling, being a straight line sort of activity, doesn't like a body that isnt. Mine isn't.
First things first. Last year, i got a bike fitting that was very costly and by someone who solely used the machine. (BTW...i've had TWO of these RETUL fits, and neither came out with the same results. I'm just NOT buying that business) It made the problems worse.
I've been continually tearing the hamstring.
This doctor has started me on a new PT program. First things first, is getting the hamstring inflammation down. After an injection into the hamstring, which i've been letting settle, I start new physical recovery program.
Now, im big into whatever fixes the problem, but this shot has made that are feel pretty uncomfortable. Has anyone ever had a simliar type of injection? It's been about 5 days now...
One other thing the doctor noted...He said when you are stretching, stretch to the PULL, not the pain. Pain means tearing. When you feel the tightness, start there, and breath into that.
Then i had a long chat with my mentor, who into his 60s and a prolific racer, was talking to me about the values of "undoing" what the bicycle does to a body. It's an unbalanced system, clearly.
I am now about a week into my solid BASIC yoga program. I can already tell certain things. I can hold the poses better. I can definitely feel the stretching in the groin area. I can tell my hips are starting to relax. one thing the doctor noted, is that my hips are pretty tight, while my other parts of my legs are still very flexible. I will be curious what the PT has me start doing on wednesday.
I know i should have started yoga earlier. I probably would have offset alot of issues had i done this, but it always seemed so intimidating.
Again, i can't express how good this feels.
http://youtu.be/cjsq7UZF-_g
It's very basic, and i decided that i would solely focus on this program, until i can hold the poses without pain. More later after the PT visit...
Clear Skies!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.