Guess what month is the windiest?.....
wait for it...
MARCH! duh
In my endeavor to find ways to improve my hip/knee issues, I decided to start doing some yoga. Like i said before, I'm not really up to going to a class yet. Maybe it's the mental block of someone telling me once that Yoga will help relieve that gas bubble in your body. I.e Yoga makes ya fart.
So, to save myself, and the rest of the world from dire embrassement, or getting a class all to myself, I decided to try yoga by myself. If it runs the cats out of the room, SCORE! (They like to get under my plank anyway...)
I found this channel on my ROKU called yogasessions.tv. IT has some free beginner stuff on there.
I found the basic basic basic class
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjsq7UZF-_g
I even like the guy as he doesn't come off as a yoga snob, or a big sissy.
It starts off slow..i mean SLOW. IF you're an adrenaline junkie, you're going to have to shut off your phone, fart the cats out of the room, and give yourself this gift.
Surprisingly, i found it to be a really calming exercise. I felt the yoga high i've heard some people tell me about, like all the weight is lifted off your shoulders. The next day, i felt not so tight.
Look, this is basic stuff here. And most of the time, i try these yoga videos and they jump into plank and downward dog so fast i feel like a jumping bean. This guy MAKES you go slow.
Since i was able to find the above video on youtube. i decided to seek out other cycling/yoga centric videos. I found a slew of them!
I haven't gotten to try these yet, but here are some links IM interested.
Pre Ride Yoga:
http://youtu.be/ppIp-1yWeZY
I suggest looking at all their videos, because they seem to have about 30 mins of preride stuff.
Post Ride Yoga:
http://youtu.be/6nI6ddJlh68
http://youtu.be/guTJ53FDnQs
And i would subscribe to these, bec they are put on by Chain Reaction Cycles
And then i found another for hips I can't wait to try...
http://youtu.be/_tdFQLd9XrY
I think you'll start noticing some cross over.
Tonight i'm going to try the pre ride vids before i take to the streets and see if this helps my nerve pain issues.
Clear LESS WINDY warm skies, my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.