Saturday, March 5, 2011

Not Today

There rarely is a day that I don't think about riding my bike. I like this new training schedule. It gives me breaks from the bike, so when Im scheduled to ride again, i welcome it.

Today was not one of those days.  I had looked ahead at the weather, and knew that that saturday predicted to be cold and windy.  So, Friday i rode two laps around the lake. Sunday will be nice, so i am saving my long ride for sunday...warmer with little wind.

I intentionally ride extra on friday than my schedule for the just in case.  SAturday morning i woke up achy and tired. My legs again, felt heavy but more than that, my knees ached. They haven't ached in a long time.

I feel im getting used to the new pedals, and everything is sort of having to relearn. I didn't anticipate that.  Gee that's par for me.

Last year, 4 weeks b4 HHH, i get a prof fit on my bike, which resulted in nerve damage to a particular nerve in the lower region. I had to take time off in my training it hurt so bad, and i rode HHH with the injury.

I don't want a repeat of that.

today i was less than motivated.  I felt unrecovered, if that makes any sense.   But i put on all my gear and struck out. It was windy and cold. and i got about 3 blocks from my home and as soon as I hit the strong winds,  and i had some nice knee pain.

Without even a bit of interal struggle, i immediately returned home. It's not worth it.  Someone told me last night to watch shredding my knees with the new pedals. They were right.

So, somewhat discouraged, esp after i had taken a gu, i decided to get a hot shower and sit down to edit. My project is looming over my head, which is another distraction i need to finish.  When i encounter an idea that is past my skill level, i will stay up all night trying to figure it out.  Thats what tonight has in store.

On the weighing in front...i woke up this morning to a lost pound. Which is funny bec last night, i went a bit over my  usual 1600 cals to 1800 by eating a brat w kraut (no bun) and 2.5 beers! And not light beer either! lol

I'm sure today will be different. I got it in my head i wanted mushrooms, sauteed. I'm not a good cook so the forgone conclusion is...even tho i measured everything to be accountable, i prob made them too buttery and in return, have an upset stomach (sigh)

I really need to find out what my proper ratio of fat to proteins to carbs needs to be for either training day and rest/recovery days.  I am considering hiring a coach, but right now, funds are too low for that.  I will have  to resort to my ninja net skills and books to answer my questions.

Hot tea to the rescue as i dig into work. My damn hard drive is causing me fits, as i reboot for the third time to write this.

Clear, calm skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.