I can't believe it's been a week or more before I've blogged again. Lately, i've been writing these in my head, then forgetting to type it out. Lucky, or unlucky, you!
Last week was recovery week. I was also not feeling my best. I got out a little, and by Friday, i was hating my bike. Yes, the one thing i love more than my cat, and last week, i hated it. On Friday, i decided to make a quick lunch ride. It was windy. So windy i was completely blown off the trail. 40+mph gusts. I bet that old man that i passed on the way onto the lake was getting his last laugh. I would have been. I tweaked my left leg, scrambling to unclick to stop from falling.
For some reason tho, my guts were not in the game. I could barely lift my pedals to the wind. I gave up and flew the wind a bird :D I rode as far as Garland Rd. then turned around. I thought about beating myself up about quitting, but i just didn't care. What does that say?
By sunday, i'd gone back out. THIS time, i decided to try something. I raised my seat up another few mms, then turned my left cleat, so that my foot turned in slightly. IT wants to, and riding with it straight has been screwing up my leg. Whallah. Two laps, averaging 18 mph around the lake. Wow, my best time yet. I felt strong, too.
There is something to recovery week, but i gotta tell ya...mentally, it's a bitch. I felt fat, pained, neurotic! I felt like i was coming out of my skin. Coping skills next to 0, and my bitchiness was hitting an all time high. What the hell?!?!
My boss warned me about tapering week, but this recovery week was harsh. I feel like i had to pass through a dark tunnel. Oh no better yet! That cave that Luke has to go, and face his Darth Self. Yes, DarthBoomer, Sith of the Bitch.
Luckily, a friend wanted to get in a quick ride last night, and I was totally apprehensive about riding with someone. Usually, other ppl push me so hard that i feel worthless. He wanted an easy ride, and i had forgotten how much fun that can be. Thank you my friend, for making me feel good about the bike. and, it was also fun to have a little company. I ended up with 28 miles.
Now to kick my game back up. 15mph winds all week. When, oh great Wind, will you stop having your fun?
Blow me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.