The last time i did 50 miles, i felt like i'd been pummeled relentlessly with a 2x4 until i professed to be a heretic.
In my previous post, I admitted to stocking up on some supplements. Yes, REAL supplements you dirty minded fools and not that "crunchy herbal shit". :D
So today, i thought i'd give them a try.
FRS drink (which is some freakin pricey watery berry drink that's supposed to give you energy), oatmeal, scrambled eggs made of "Better than Eggs" and some toast. I also took a supplement called "Sport's Legs", which is supposed to reduce lactate (am i using the right word here...you know, the shit that makes your legs sore after a good workout) and achiness, and drops of this electroylite stuff in my water. No gu's. Yeah, i know, a new world order.
Today was windy. I'm not sure how windy, but at times, it was a struggle to keep my bike on the road. Headwinds, cross winds, you name it, the lake had it. I made a trip up the White Rock Trail and going up, i felt i could ride forever. (TAIL WIND!) Until, i turned around. Suuccck. IT was a battle, and that only gave me 30 miles, so i knew i either had to run up it again, or loop the lake 2 more x. I decided to loop the lake. that wind tunnel can suckit.
Despite the wind, and my suffering booty, i felt pretty good. A nice gentlemen offered a pull, so i took the draft for a bit. Thank you!
I decided to head to RBM to check out bike seats...maybe mine is the still not the best for me and is causing some issues after about 50 miles.
I gotta comment here. I love RBM..but i kinda felt this attitude about the seat i wanted from the sales girl. I would point to a seat "hmpft! i wouldn't use THAT one". Bitch, i dont care what seat you use, i want to look at the seats I want. Then i decided to make her show me ALL the girlie seats. I enjoyed the annoyed look on her face. One thing that i noticed. She kept trying to push this $$$ seat..and told me it was "unisex". After i got home, i looked into it. unisex my ass. That company makes a specific women's seat and i KNEW that the seat she showed me was just for men.
Kids, WE are different. The fact that this was a male dominated sport, and still is to plenty extent, means that most stores are going to stock men specific stuff. I really HATE it when salesreps try to sell me on something that I know damn well isn't what they say.
Regardless, I wont buy it from them (and i normally, like RBM) but that chick (i think) needs to check her personal attitude at the door. I find the ppl at the richardson RBM, fairly cool. I also think there are some ppl at Plano Cycling extremely helpful. At least, they ACT like they dig cycling, and not an elitist ideal. I'm sorry, but YOU WORK IN A BIKE SHOP.
Anyhoo, after about two hours, the hunger kicked in. I tried to eat fairly well, and light, but damn. I am hungry. I burned up over 2k cals, so my body is demanding payment.
I just ate two serving of oatmeal. And energy..WOW, i have more than enough. I even mopped the floors tonight. How am i going to get to sleep? those supplements are damn good. I don't feel achy at all. Made a believer out of me.
Ok hunger abated, i'm crawling into bed to watch the rest of "going the distance", which i am finding pretty damn funny.
Clear, calm skies bike snobs!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.