My home office mirror is a harsh reality check. To date, I've lost about 8 lbs. On monday, i'd lost 10 (gained a few back when i actually drank and ate). Anyhoo, clothes are fitting better and i'm feeling happy about that, until i look into my home office mirror. It has the WORST lighting and the reality of boy do you have a long way to go, has clicked in. Ok, that will def keep me on track.
A few days ago, I got my seatbones measures. Yes, i had my butt measured. Specialized came out with this pad you sit down on, and it makes an impression where your butt bones protrude. I got my butt checked at Plano Cycling. They measure your ass, and recommend the seat width you need for a proper fit. Turns out, my seat is too small. yea. (another reality check bong!) I realized i feel like im rolling off the edges, so i got a new saddle.
Today I finally got to check it out. I like it...It's a Specialized Lithia Comp Gel Endurance road saddle. But, i felt like i was too far back.
After i did my hills (tell ya about that in a min), i rode over to RBM Casa Linda and Joe graciously offered to help check the saddle position. The nice thing he said was "well, at least you got it flat". Lol. I was too far back, and he pushed it forward. I feel like im a bit too forward now, but my legs are correctly positioned over the pedals. It def feels different and will take me some time to get used to. He said i should start feeling the power come back soon.
ok.
Now for the hills. I got really early today to get to work early to get out early so i could get a ride in, and make the company HH. I felt really tired all day. I almost fell asleep right after lunch. I dragged myself out on my bike..The weird thing is i was mentally ready to ride.
I tackled my hills..I did Loving twice, having missed Lakewood the first time, and went back to get it. Then i did NorthCliff twice, totally chicking a group of guys on my fav dip (they were obviously having a nice leisurely ride, but one shouted "hey! A girl can't pass us". .Thankfully, I did NOT wipe out., bec that would have been so me.
Anyway..i felt sluggish and slow and my HR was through the roof, or so it felt. I def need to do those more. I really wish i could put in another interval training into my schedule, but 5 days is a lot to handle right now...physically, w/o overtraining when im not ready.
I am taking this slow...and my weight loss as well> I haven't weighed this since 1989, so I"m totally happy, but i still have a way to go.
Oh and btw...it was WINDY again..bitches. arg.
Clear, calm skies.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.