Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Day 13, 41%


Here we are, week 4 into Animation Bootcamp.

Do you remember in the Matrix when Neo jacks in for the first time, and he's so overwhelmed he throws up and passes out?

I am Neo...cept instead of it happening in a matter minutes, it's taken 2.5 weeks.  I've had too much sugar, too little exercise and definitely not enough sleep. 

I knew this class would be difficult, but i had no idea.  It's really awesome, in all the information they're giving us. The benefit to my job, is that i'm doing mograph (which is the hipster cool term for "motion graphics", because 'animation' is a bit broad of a label) in several big projects, and one specifically right now.

So far, we've been introduced to timing and spacing, the curve editor, the speed graph, oscillations, anticipations, overshoots, and bouncing balls.  To my dismay, i have just enough time to create an 80% project.   I hate that, because I'm a perfectionist, but there is only so much time in the day. My paying job comes first, and this, while being paid for my my job, is still secondary.  

The stuff i'm learning now is so incredible, and still I feel I so far behind the rest of the world.   

However, the good in the world right now, is that I am able to take these techniques already to my job.  Last night, I went back a lesson and really paid attention to some of the nuances of the lesson. (The beauty of taking it online, is that i can go back and refer to it when i need to.)

Overshoots, oscillations and anticipations are starting to make so much more sense now.  The downside is that we have only a couple of days to absorb, process and implement all the new information, and it's just not enough to really utilize it properly.  But, i am getting there.

Anyway, I am still alive, but i'm also about 5 lbs heavier, lost all my muscles and don't get enough rest.  When it's over, I'm going to be sad...but i'm going to have some seriously awesome skills in my toolbox!

Clear Skies!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.