Saturday, November 5, 2016

Animation Bootcamp Week 2 and Disasters


Hello Peeps!
I've now finished the second week of animation bootcamp, and sent in my third exercise. This project examined the value graph in AE. A thing that has been a mystery to me for the whole time i've used AE.  It can be pretty intimidating, esp if you have no clue about the basics.

I only do my homework after my work hours, so when i get home, i go through the material and start working.  I came down sick thursday, but still managed to get through the material thursday evening, and start the project.

However, the funk that got me, got worse through the night. I barely slept, and oh boy did that hurt...wasn't pretty either. My colleagues have been dropping like flies, and I was no exception.

Trying to recover Friday, and weak as a little kitten, i worked on stuff for work, and later in the afternoon, attempted my homework.  This project was really hard, with concepts i'm trying to grasp, and work as fast as possible, while still being creative.

Side Note..if you're EVER interested in getting into the arts, realize that there is no such thing as a "leisurely pace".  You have to get creative fast, work fast, and hope and pray you either don't hit a keystroke that bricks your software, bricks your project or have any other disaster.

So, i hit the deadline friday evening, and posted my work. Immediately a student comment was that i had totally missed the target assignment. Annoyed, I tried to go lay down, reflect and calm my aching bod.

When my sig other got to the house, i woke up my computer to show him.

Disaster struck.  My iMac monitor was nothing but a psychotic episode of lines. 
OH NO!!!! luckily, i had another monitor and it worked, but my iMac display is totally hosed. And the best part? I have no warranty. Damn damn damn

Feeling like complete poop, he brought me some broth and crackers, but crackers were all i could stomach.

Sat morning i woke up to find my TA's feedback. He said i had also missed the mark, and referred my work to a powerpoint animation, and i quote "you are better than powerpoint".  

Crushed, i booted up my halfass computer, as my Apple Genius appt is until this later, and stared at my file, overwhelmed and distressed. How am i going to fix this mess.

At my darkest house, a fellow classmate, posted exactly what i needed to see. A few short sentences on how to fix it. No details, but a roadmap, and some much needed encouragement.  Now, we're talking.

Then, my superhero mate came in, and gave me his constructive feedback. 

Here's another sidenote...I would really like to extinguish the word "criticism" from the english vocabulary.   Even "constructive criticism" is a contradiction of terms.  Let's replace it with "constructive feedback", instead of you "you really messed up".  

So for now, my latest revisions is uploaded, and I've got time to run my iMac to the store. Let's pray that it's not to $$$$ to fix, and not sitting on a workbench for a week!

Clear Skies

P.S. I learned my lesson...i will NEVER buy another thing w/o a warranty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.