Howdy Peeps.
I made it though animation bootcamp orientation week. Our project was to take an After Effects file and animate it. At first, I was daunted. Usually, I have a client that says "i want this"...but this time it was all me. After watching a few other students, I found my groove and uploaded. I got a "good job" from the Teacher's Assistant, but a minimal critique. That means I've got a good place to start, but still a bazillion things to learn. That's why I'm here.
Now, I've started week two. Please tell me how many people get into their car in the morning and start running through lists of their lives for every category in their day....family, work, school, training, home, pets, etc. (and not in that order). That's me. First the lists..then the checks.
My goal is to get up everyday at 5:30 am and ride my bike at least 10 miles on the trainer. then get to work and at the end of the day, go home and do homework.
We started week 1. We are learning squash and stretch, timing and spacing.
I struggled, but I think I'm getting it, after handing in a revision. Hopefully the TA will get to my files and get me feedback soon.
To be an artist of any kind, you have to grow a thick
skin..one thing, after 10 years in this industry, I'm still trying to master, and look forward to feedback. I hate using the word "criticism" even if it's positive..such a negative sounding word.
IT has been fun getting re-aquainted with Adobe Flash. I used it a lot in university, but not for about 10 years. It's now called "Adobe Animate".
I gave up my halloween to get my homework done. Maybe tonight i get a little break....but probably not :D
Clear Skies!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.