Monday, January 16, 2012

rest day

Today is a rest day. Since no one ever really reads this, and today, that's probably a good thing, I've got a lot on my mind, not cycling.

So much working is about to hit in the next three months. It's good, don't get me wrong. I love my job. Morgan Freedman said last night at the Golden Globes, "if you love your job, then you'll never work a day in your life".  Someday's, that's very true.

I spent all last year, cocooned in my isolation of work and training. I convinced myself that was enough. And it was, most of the time.

Until lately.  I dont know the universe shows me things, then takes them away.  I had my eyes set on a new bicycle that would have opened up a new world of cycling for me. But it didnt happen. Then, i met someone that showed me what i'd been missing. That didn't happen either.

I'm not really sure why the universe showed me what I can't have.  Ignorance is bliss. And now my bliss is taken away, and longing replaces it. But, there isn't anything i can do about it.  After all, a one sided fight, is no fight at all, it's just folly.

Possibly, a rest day can lead to some depression, even at the beginning when striking up the training schedule.  But, i can't help but feel a little sad.  Not a little sad, big sad.  In fact, my heart breaks a little

As i've told a friend of mine once, I get to mourn one day.  Then, i'll move on.
I'll be ok and push for my dreams.

But for now, on my rest day, i do my job and lick my wounds.

clear, calm skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.