There is nothing more tough on me, then trying to recover in 25mph wind. Coupled with a bit of a chill in the wind, it does nothing to lift my spirits.
I fought my way around the lake, happy for the tail wind, but knowing the expiration of easy is coming at Mockingbird. And then i hit it, the head wind, hard. IT almost blew me off the trail.
My goal was to keep the cadence over 90 and go easy. Sometimes i was 110 cad, with a speed of over 21mph, and sometimes it was 90 with a speed of 12mph! Really?!
I felt really weak and sore, and a little depressed. Alot of things churning in my mind. Usually a bike ride can give me enough good chemistry to cope, but not today. It all seemed insurmountable.
Suddenly a person rode up next to me. It was my coach! Of ALL The people I needed to see. "You're left heal is too high". Despite my struggling, it made me happy to hear that; that someone out there, noticed. "Ride hard on your way home". I did.
Thank you coach. of all the days, I needed you there.
Clear, calm skies my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.