Saturday, January 14, 2012

Stunner

I just came back from a week in Vegas at CES. My first time to go to something that big and get to shoot parts of it.  The downside, was the not so good for me food, and the inability to get work outs in. The hotel was charging 20$ a day! Despite my best efforts to run around w/ a very heavy camera and use that as a workout, it's just not the same. IN addition, is the nights of networking and decompressing, which usually involves a drink or two. I met some really amazing people that i hope to keep in contact with...

i arrived last friday night, slept in today and started my detoxing. No more booze for a while. I gained about 6 lbs and now it's time to really work it off.

Today was a stunner. Perfect weather. Sunny, little to no wind, and an afternoon temp around 65-70. Can't ask for a better day.

My goal was 40 miles, and i hit it.  My ego wanted to go further, but i reigned that shit in.  There is nothing worse than overtraining before my body is really for it.

the bummer is my left seatbone started hurting again. It basically ached until i hit around 1 hour. What this tells me is that my fitness level has to improve in that are.

Since we're on the subject, my fitness level is pretty bad right now. I seem to be subscribing to the David Millar program of training and isolation, then hitting the party full on when the season is over.  I probably went a bit overboard this year, as last year was pretty tough.

I did well until HHH, then i injured that part of my bod. It just seems it's going to be a long time before it gets better. 

Once i hit 1 hour, i felt better. I gotta tell ya tho, that first hour was a beating. thankfully no wind made starting over easier.  but after an hour, i felt stronger, warmed up and ready to even sprint.
I worked really hard to keep my cadence above 90 ,as usual, and this time jumped on wheels  to get the muscle memory of the surge back into my program.

Today was sort of a lonely ride tho. I didn't make an effort to hook up with anyone specific, because my fitness is so bad, i don't want to ruin anyone else's ride.  Coming off a big shoot like CES, is a relief, but it's also depressing. Going from tons of people and being active constantly to a quite house. My big cat Flynn is still sick and i'm not quite sure what to do about that.

There were also a ton of people cycling. Gotta admit, fit guys in bike shorts..just can't beat that scenery.

I am def trying to get bak on the training program the coach set for me. Also, watching what i eat and drink..Boring!

I'm pretty tired, esp after the week I had, so i'll sign off now.

Good, clear stunner of skies to you all.

Find your bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.