OK it's a new year, and i'm not going to let this year go by without pestering the universe with my random thoughts.
Tonight, I'm watching The Martian. They're playing "Starman" by David Bowie. David Bowie has died a few days ago. Cancer ate him alive, but before he passed into the stars, he recorded an album and a goodbye video. Watching The Martian, there is a man racing against time and the hostile planet of Mars to beat death.
Beating death.
Then today, we were told that Alan Rickman has died.
I swear to god, if another person dies of Cancer this week, I'm going to have to start drinking.
Then i think of death again. Where do we go. Laws of physics state that energy is neither created or destroyed, it merely changes. Do we go back to the stars where we came from?
Do we join some collective energy source, or do we just disappear. I'd like to think my uncles and my dad and my grandparents, and all of those i've loved that have passed, and those i don't even know are together in some way. Do we lose our memories. Are they absorbed into something bigger, something so wonderful we can't comprehend it.
It's ludicrous to believe we are the beginning and the end. If we do join the stars, then I hope David Bowie's music transcends. Maybe, somehow, love also transcends.
I wish to believe that my dad envelopes me in love and watches out over me, or is that just plain selfish?
Or is that gravity?
Clear Skies
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.