Greatings freaks.
it's cold outside.
After a year of chaos with buying a house, big project at work, and life to calm down, I finally feel better. Like my old self again.
Why am i posting this? Well for the past year, I have totally fell 'off'. I burnt out on my bike.
I didn't want to ride. I didn't even want to look at my bikes. The thought of racing cross or any competition made me sick to my stomach. When i actually got on any bike, i immediately hated it and wanted the ride over as fast as possible.
I just worked so hard through 2014, that 2015 was a bust.
After a lot of soul searching, i decided to take a break. Well, it's not like im a pro and i'm missing my window or anything. But it's hard, after being a lifetime athlete, to just take a year off. I suffered for that physically, while i mentally healed. I had to cut myself some slack. I had to allow myself to be ok with losing muscle, gaining fat, and arguing with my bikes to keep some minimum fitness up. Buying a house was the nail in the coffin of my motivation.
But something happened. As if someone flipped a switch, i seemed to come back to life.
Why blog? Because i finally feel like the old ME again! My energy is back, my clarity is back. Where the hell have i been? I want to join the world again, not hide away after barely making it through a work day, under the covers and sleeping for 16 hours...that is, if i could actually fall asleep.
So tomorrow, I embark on my first gravel grinder of the new year. I just replaced my tubes and put Stan's in them. I got my GG seat post and saddle on, transforming my CX bike from CX race bike, to a tough Gravel Grinder Bike.
It's going to be damn cold tomorrow. I am not looking forward to that. But with the advice of some friends, I called up Competitive Cyclists, and they made sure i had what i needed, with sale items and free 2 day shipping.
This brings me to state the moral of my story...always CALL The online stores. You never know what deals the rep will give you, as opposed to blindly ordering off their online store.
Now, i wish my back and neck were 100%. That accident did a number on me. Hopefully, my magic therapist can get me back on track.
Now to pack all my gear and get a shower. Thanks for reading and write comments! I love comments!
Clear Warm Skies (not for 2 more months :\)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.