Don't ever let anyone tell you, that writing is easy.
It takes a lot of time and dedication. I am not, as you have seen, very good at it.
So this blog is like retail therapy, without spending the money. Why? Because last year, i bought my first house. It was a nightmare for the first 6 months.
But lets put the blame where it needs to go. Not my realtor. The guy is a saint, and so was the mortgage company, etc.
The blame is totally on the seller, and my utter inexperience. They say you can't know, until you do, and even if you surround yourself with the best, you still can get walloped. One thing I've learned, is that house flippers really don't give a shit about you, or the house they're bouncing. It's all about the coin.
I've also learned that the city of dallas also doesn't give a flying cup of poo when it comes to inspecting your property. I would love to say that the inspector i hired was a good one...he wasn't the best. I know next time, to make their butt's go up into the attic. But once you've been through the worst, you kinda know what to look for.
As for now, the house is much better. Cept for the cats. Neo hates the new house. He has taken up to peeing on my sofa. That little guy has so much anxiety. Then when I leave town for a few days, he goes into a tailspin and makes himself sick. Hence, more peeing on the sofa. My couch is now covered in layers of plastic and puppy pads. I've even forked over the money for "pretty litter". It's supposed to tell me when he is sick. All it tells me so far, is that my cat pees in one of the 3 litter boxes.
$121 later, my cat is full of anti-inflammatory and antibiotics on saturday. Then last night, he proceeded to pee on the sofa again, right after Ramsey left. Now, I hate it when my bf leaves too, but at least i direct my waste into the proper receptacle. When i spoke to the vet about it, his response, "his problem, is that he's a cat". Not sure my vet is a cat person.
Neo is wrapped in a lavendar collar that's supposed to calm him down. I've diffused the house with cat mother pheromones, but this still has no effect on when he wants to let me know he's unhappy, he spot treats the couch.
I consulted a cat behaviorist from the Humane Society. Did you know they'll call you for free, and try to walk you through your pet's issues. She suggested wet cat food, and another litter box. But they have 3 litter boxes now, and my house is totally small, so there is no reason for every room to have a freakin' litter box. Now, i'll try some calming cat food, and see if that helps. Geez. What the hell, cat brain! If anyone out there has any insights, please comment or contact me privately.
On an upside..the Video Doorbell from Ring is fantastic!!
I highly recommend it
Clear Skies.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.