Tuesday, April 10, 2012

grease and passion

It's a hard day to pass up...87F, no wind, beautiful, lake with a little choppy but not a beating.  How could i  not go out?

A friend of mine agreed to ride w/ me tonight, to provide moral support and for some solidarity.  Grateful, I am, but everyone knows i have NO sense of direction.

how long have i ridden that darn lake?  More times than i can count.  And yet, when my pal says "I'm at paddle boats" i think..the paddle boat rental by mockingbird, not the paddle boat Hill.  when i could have been there in a few minutes, i ride the wrong way around. My thinking was i would eventually run into him. I didn't.

My plan was one lap, if i could  manage it.  One lap! 8 miles later, i'm waiting patiently at the paddle boat hill, bec im a little too tired to make it around to the damn.

But i wasn't winded, i was muscle weak, if that makes any sense at all. Also afraid of pushing it.

My friend makes it to me, and we chat and ride. A nice 15mph pace. No pain, necessarily, but also my cad was only around 85. I thought it's a good idea NOT to push it.

However, i can't NOT ride Northcliff.  I clicked into a low granny gear and crawled my way up. But it wasn't that bad.

We loop back around the lake to my exist. Waving farewell, i climb the small hill on the lake. What do i do?  I DROP my damn chain!! What a rookie mistake. I couldn't even lift my fat leg off the bike w/o almost falling over.  I'm sure the thought of "what a dork" raced through the mind of the guy that jogged past me. Humiliation. Well dumbass..don't change big gears w/o getting into the cassette. I know better.

Now im greasy. And on my way home, it was so beautiful with the perfectly manicured lawns and blooming flowers. I decided to ride a little extra through my neighborhood...or rather, the one i wishe di could afford to live in.

Total count, 17+miles.  Not sure that was a good idea, but i couldn't come in.  Afterall, how many awesome days will have like this?

On a personal note.  My situation became so tense today. Stewing in my own juices is a bad idea. But the only solution i could see, was to say some angry things.  It wasn't nice of me, as it wasn't a good situation. I hate that i had to.  But i figure, if anger is the best way to let go and get some space, then so be it.  I think sometimes, both parties need to have space without any longing to get a situation fixed. But what the hell do i know? I'm in uncharted territory.  Maybe someday, when a lot of dust has settled, the old angry feelings will give way to the good feelings that should be there, but simply wasn't the time for them.  Maybe. Ok fine, who knows.

Now, back to the bike..did you see that incredible sky?  cycling makes me full of endorphins and love.  I will have to shower those feelings on my boys.

Clear Skies my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.