Monday, April 9, 2012

Rendering and Waiting...

While i have a 25 minute render ahead of me, it's a good time to blog!

This weekend, I went home to visit my folks, and also my favorite bike shop. Here is a shout out to TCC, one great bike shop. It's small, but they will always try to fit you in.

New tires, new tubes put on my new/used wheels, and all aligned with my old derailleur.  This way, i can swap my old wheels out if i break a wheel.  The new wheels are lighter and spin better.  I have NO idea if i will be able to tell a difference, although everyone in the know says "yes".  By not being on a bike in 7 weeks, I'm not sure I will, however.

IT was a hard temptation to put Clem in the car, and not hop on for a ride.  Family situation helped me resist temptation. 

I carried her inside, and checked her out. She's a beauty.

What i love about Clem is that she's always ready to go for a ride. @ 3 am, 9am, or 7 at night.  She's there, patiently waiting, maybe with a forlorn look at  window when it's raining, or when the sky is perfect. But she's my best friend. As long as take care of her, she'll always be there for me.

Thursday i go for my surgical follow up.  If all goes well, he'll give me the release to ride.

So here's the stuff floating around in my head....

First, i checked the weather for the first time. Weather on thursday...25mph wind. What a welcome nature! Thanks! lol So it will be a SLOW ride!

Will i be able to ride like before, or better?  Will i have pain at first? Will i even make it around the lake one lap?

I've not gained much weight, but I've def lost a lot of muscle tone.  My goal is to go to Muenster at the end of the month for a camp/ride.

As soon as I get released, I have two weeks to start back slowly and get serious.  Only good food from now on, and limiting my drinking quite a bit.

I am mentally so down right now, that this is the only thing I have to look forward to. I need my body to be better, and a little sunshine would be great....

Letsee how well i do.

Clear Skies!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.