Forced recovery sucks at the time, but it does work. Two days later of nothing but work and sleep, I am feeling better than i have since my surgery.
I often don't realize how sick, or tired, or mentally strained I am, until i feel better. Then i look back and discover that I wasn't 100%.
I am still not 100%, but I am well on my way.
Today, i actually felt the desire to be on my bike. No, i know, I've been whining about that for about 5 weeks now, but today, I could actually feel my body say "i am ready". Like when your body breaks into a run, when you aren't even thinking about it.
I need to calm my mind. I wonder sometimes, how many times in my life, my mind has been calm. I can count on one hand. External factors still influence me, as i guess they do everyone.
Brain chemistry can be a real bitch. I need to wear myself out so much i can't think anymore. I wonder how many others in the world are like that.
To keep my focus, I have signed up for a local rally..the head for the hills. IT's in 1 month from my training start time. Can i possibly do it? I didn't sign up for the 100k, but the 40. I might only make 20, but a goal, however small, is a goal.
My bucket list item is to cross a state on my bike. One week of pure cycling. It looks like I have made it into the lottery for Ragbrai, and I will get my chance. And finally, my last biggest goal is to compete in the triple threat in Wichita falls HHH. I want the wooden trophy. IT will be an utter accomplishment to compete in three things I've never been able to do when i was younger.
Three goals. Four Months.
Bucket List.
Clear, CAlm Skies.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.