Monday, July 11, 2011

It's been so long since i blogged last...

That blogger asked for my password!!

Ok lets get down to business.  I went home for the July 4th holiday, and was met with some family medical issues.  Dealing with my parents growing older, is hard for any kid. I have to say, my parents are amazing and the fact I've had them this long is quite the miracle. Believe me, I relish every minute, no matter what the experience is.  My mother has Alzheimer's.  A disease no child ever wants to tangle with.  But we now have help, and I can see light on all that matters.

So, enough of my personal issues, lets move onto some of the cyclical type.

I started the 10% of Tour De France challenge on July 2nd.  It all started, when one of my training buddies inspired me with this stories of riding across the state...5 days of century rides.  You know that little seed, that someone plants..."what if "I" could do that?"....

Inception? Maybe!! And i am a total sucker for it!

Regardless, I didn't start my Tour on July 2nd. I stupidly started it the tuesday before, not taking the friday break i needed to.

July 2nd, i rode with the TCC group in wichita falls.  I dig those cats. Really patient with me, and we rocked a 50 miler in 3.  Fastest ive gone for that distance.  But the week wore on me, and even tho i tried to make my dates and miles, with a big project to contend with, my Friday ride didn't happen. In fact, i think i was asleep by 6pm. I just could not function, and def not on a bike.

this past saturday, my training buds invited me to ride. I gotta  admit, my anxiety was kicking in. Thursday i could barely pull off 3 miles on my bike. (of course, the doubles i tried to pull the day before could have effected that...).  I felt tired and weak.

S, one of my buddies, has a link to Amway, and they have this energy delivery system http://www.amway.com/Netline/Shop/Product/Product.aspx/NUTRILITE--Rhodiola-110-Supplement---60-Count?itemno=101593

I get nothing by posting this to you, but to say DAMN! I've tried this stuff twice when i've felt weak and fatigued.  I knocked out 65 miles before the stuff wore off.  If you can handle a cup of coffee and like the caffeine from it, this stuff is rockin.

With both S and J's help, i got my miles in. By sunday, i got another 2 laps around the lake before a wondrous rest day.

I love cycling, but somedays, i'm just exhausted emotionally. I've let my nutrition lag a bit, and i need to get that back on track.  I am also seriously considering a coach....

Tomorrow the tour revs up again.  We're in the mountains now. I say, get out and ride those hills baby!

Clear Skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.