Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Again, where have I been?

Sometimes, when i'm going through a lot, i should blog, and find that blogging is more like whining.  So, i wait until life slows a little, so i can summarize it without sounding like a beleagered child.

It was my birthday a few weeks ago.  I know one birthday, in the future, I'll have the worst birthday of my life, to top this one, but this one was a real doozy.  Some drama totally blindsided me, and kicked me hard in the ass.

Then, as I was trying to make sense of that mess, my cat breaks his leg.  There i am, as about as beaten down as i could get, sitting midnight, in a local 24 animal hospital, watching the dollars tick away, as this triage vet takes her time making crappy xrays of my cat, and then telling me the foot isn't broken.  300$ thanks for that.  I found a vet that could get Flynn in quickly, and after a 500$ bill, my cat left later that day with a full back leg in a cast.  He threw a fit when he got home, pissed off at the cast and the pain he was in.  I can't say i blame him.

I still had to go to work through all that, and talk about just whipped.  That Sunday, my sister was coming into town, so despite having to work OT, deal w/ an angry upset pained cat, i cleaned my place and made my place as great as i could for her arrival.  During the night, a storm knocked out the power. The growth had reappeared in my right eye, so she was taking me to surgery that monday morning.  Now, I have a wounded a eye, my cat's in a cast, my pocketbook took a beating, and i have no power.  How miserable.  I felt so bad for my sister...as this was supposed to be a fun visit.

I will tell you tho, that complaining about a utility company thru Twitter, will get you results. No sooner had i tweeted my disgust of having no power (everyone else in the 'hood, cept our street), Oncor was calling me to talk me thru my anger.  By 10 the next morning, I had power.  They made sure to note, how many OTHER ppl were out of power.

By the end of that week, I had to head to Houston for a film festival. Smash It! placed twice and my boss and I went to collect the awards. I was happy to seep myself in the filmmaker's soup, and make some good contacts.

Back to work the following monday of no sleep, and shoots and edits.  I decided, per the encouragement of several filmmakers, to document my dad's stories on video. I took a small camera kit and lights, and sat him down for hours to relate his stories.  He did a fantastic job, but that took it's toll on all of us, including my brother and his patient, understanding wife.  I did, however, get some riding in.

Riding in WF is different than in Dallas. People here complain about the wind, but it's nothing stacked up to the wind gusts in north texas. Geez, my bike was literally listing to the side to stay on the lake path.  I thought i was going far, until i checked my odo.  Only 14 miles! But in a 45 mph head wind gust, you feel it...i mean really feel it.

I also ate..ALOT.  I finally felt like i was getting enough food.  Weirdly enough, when i got home, the following monday, i weighed in at 131.  I'd only gained a couple of lbs.   That's NOT what i expected.  My brother and his wife, bought me a steak dinner. Wow, it's been a while since I had one of those!!  Sooo good.  I ate BREAD! OMG did i chow on the bread.  It was wonderful.

I had taken Flynn up there, bec after being gone to houston, i felt he needed to be with me, and not left alone.  He did really well, until my mom let him outside by accident.  I guess he ran around the backyard a lot, bec when i got home, he had made it back inside, and decided the cast was history.   He chewed a big gash into his foot. i was frantic and finally discovered a vet that would help.  He resplinted Flynn's leg and didn't charge me the national budget of a small european country.

I miss my family, but it was good to get home.  Both Flynn and I were happy to sleep in our own bed, although i must say that Flynn handled himself extremely well. Great kitty!

Yeah so, life got a little crazy.  I could do without ALL The crisis hitting at once!

I just need life to settle down a bit, so i can focus on work and cycling, and of course, the Flynnbot.

I went out yesterday on Clem, and got soaked...it's so gross when the water soaks into your shoes! ick. I hate wet socks.  I ran into a couple of friends, but decided to cut the ride short. In a way, I feel like im starting over again.....

Par for the course


Clear Skies,  bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.