Friday, April 1, 2011

hurry up and weight...

While im in a holding pattern at work, I thought i'd blog.

I've been having troubles with my bike position, ever since i changed saddles. Why did i change saddles? Because at 50 miles i was having lower back pain, and i got measured, and they said i needed a spec size saddle. So i changed.

Then i went to RBM to get a quick fitting.   I felt loss of power immediately.  I had been sitting way far back on the bike, and pushing me forward so drastically required me to use muscles that I hadn't been training for three months.  I was about to give up.

Two days ago, I decided to change the seat, esp after a coworker encouraged me to use bike fittings as 'guidelines' and not the chiseled in stone truth.  I went out, and immediately felt different, and not only that, felt that "nerve' that i had injured last year feeling tweaked. I rode about 13 miles before giving up and going home. God, this is so frustrating. I felt weak and useless.

Yesterday, i felt fully recovered, and with such a beautiful day outside, i couldn't let it pass.  I went again, and even tho i felt stronger, i still was having such weakness in my legs. The seat also felt too high. I forgot that when you push the seat "back" it raises it.   After about 7 miles, i lowered it a mm. A 'mm'.

After a mile adjusting, here came my strength, like a switch had been flipped.  I felt so good, I did 3 laps around the lake.

Today, i am paying for it.  I feel the "nerve" a little tweaked, and my left toe felt sort of bruised, along with my knee feeling a bit of pain.  Man, i hve just jacked my bod around in the passed two weeks.

I am, for the first time, taking a friday night off.  I will ride Tour of dallas tomorrow, but tonight, im going to chill w/ my friends.  Sunday, I have to go into work, so i guess the windy ride will have to wait.

The weird part, is this passed week, my weight had shot up to 133.  I stuck to my diet, despite how frustrated i felt, and woke up thursday to 130.6.  Whatever.  After yesterday's hard ride, i decided to recover drink only, and went to bed.  i had hoped to break 130.  I haven't weighed less than that since 1989.

this morning, survey says..130.4. Ok so bite me.

Overall tho, I started at 139 and have lost 9 solid pounds with the help of Livestrong.com and my bike.

OH and compression socks...wearing them at work..SOLID IDEA!

clear, calm skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.