Instead of getting my usual rides in, I went home this weekend to help my brother and sister put in an HVAC system for my parents. My parents are in their late 80s. The sad thing, everytime i go home, which is not enough, they seem even older than the last time. This time, my dad could barely make it half a day before completely tiring. That bothered me. But not as much as using his bathroom and finding it really dirty. It broke my heart. "This just won't do". so i ran to the store, bec they were totally out of cleaning stuff, and scrubbed it.
I didn't do much towards the HVAC system, save buying sandwiches and snacks, and getting a lot of pizza for everyone. And i cleaned.
The third issue, is that my mom has really checked out. I'm not sure if it was because so much was going on, but I am scared to think that she's no longer remembering how to cook or clean.
Once the system is in place, I will have to have "that" conversation with my family.
My dad is my hero, and my parents are my rocks. This is harder than anything i've ever had to face.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.