Are you bored of my ranting about people yet (er men, rather?)
Great! Coz I'm back into training again. yea.
I've pinpointed a race in April, to be my first Century. My friends say that's rather a bit ambitious, so, I reserve the right to push to May. But i will compete in three centuries next year. My goal.
For now, I've rejoined my running groups. What does that have to do with cycling? Two things, actually. While i will get a trainer, and begin training indoors through the cold winter months, running can be an option, and can also help me get my leg strength up. It also affords me a social group, and I really missed my friends more than I knew.
So last night, marks my third run in a week. I am struggling. I wont lie how much it hurts, but, it's not debilitating. I just have to take it slow, and fortunately, my groups have space for slow people. it's also no drop. I am loving the wed night runs. There is no shiggy, and it's all urban, and a bunch of really fine folks to hang with.
I ran better last night than I have in a long time. I was happy with that. Then, to my happy surprise, woke up early and found the outside temp to be 62. I remember in the summer, when 62 was COLD. Now, im excited when it's 62. Another indication I am improving, is that i only used my arm warmers and vest. I think I'm starting to get the hang of 50-60F cycling. Thats huge for me, even though you may giggle to yourself how insignificant that is.
The other coolness of this morning's ride, is that for a few weeks i've felt my seat was low and oddly positioned. I raised it a few mm, per my friend Tim's suggestion. Man, that worked like a champ.
Today was the first day, that I've felt strength returning to my legs and my core. Already the running is helping immensely. But what about winter you say? Well, Luckily i didn't get rid of my treadmill, as lame as it might be. I will be spending a lot of time training on that too.
That's all for today.
OH and Thank you to all who serve in the military. The term that makes me think of you most is "no one will hurt you, not on my watch". It gives me goosebumps to hear that in my head. For without you, we'd all speak another native language. Thank you thank you for all you do. You deserve more than one in honor and i salute you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.