Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Turning over a new leaf



Despite my surgeries and attempts to fix my sleeping habits, I still wake up in the middle of the night. If you hooked up my brain to a machine to detect brain activity, it would break the needle. Not sure why I have seemingly clarity, or just a truckload of crap racing through my mind at 2 am.

One of those epiphanies, is that I need to keep up my writing.  But with life going into high gear right now, that's difficult.  I once read, that blogging is like writing.  So, I've decided, to keep my journal here. It's published, but i wont send out the links. If you happen upon an entry,  it's up to you if you want to read it. It might be pretty boring. I wont promise anything significant. I just want to write, or get back into the habit. Maybe all those crazy thoughts will congeal into something later.

What did i do yesterday? I mowed the lawn. Then i sneezed for about 30 mins before the meds kicked in.  I started allergy shots for the first time in January. I'm about 8.5 months in. I've noticed that I need less meds, but when i do, a good allergy pill kicks it.  The real test will be when fall stuff blooms.

One thing about electric mowers.  It's all about the power cord.  When it's too short, it just plain bites.  Every time i turn a corner, the damn thing would come unplugged.  I lost count of how many times i've almost mowed over it.  I need to buy a longer cable.  That's next on my house purchase list.

For the most part, the house seems to have settled down.  Opening up the garage to the cats, has given them another room to explore and get away from each other. Even though my duplex had fewer rooms, this house seems to have less space.  I put the pheromone diffuser near the sofa, which is now covered in plastic.  R-man constantly reminds me that I'm channeling my grandparents, but its out of survival.   I keep it sprayed with cat spraying deterrent.  They seem calmer.  Neo's latest test came out negative.  They said he does not have a bacterial infection.  We now believe that he was so stressed out by the move, that he made himself sick.  The latest round of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory, are seeming to work. Overall he never 'acted' that sick. But cats being what they are, hide symptoms.  Since most cats are inherint a-holes, it's hard to determine if it is, indeed sickness, or just cat being bad. At least i've not found anymore poop or pee bombs.  Feliway diffuser says it puts the pheromone in the air that mother cats put out to calm their kittens.  Hocus pocus? Not sure, but they aren't marking anymore.    However, once one goes out into the garage, the other sits by the cat door waiting in ambush.  Cats are just a-holes. 

Enough for now, back to work and motion tracking this video project.  I now know the back of my boyfriend's head better than he does.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.