And i dont mean of the Triathlete kind.
Where was i..oh yeah, dealing with life. Cycling is what happens when life stops for a couple of hours. And so far, life hasn't been cooperating. Big, i digress.
The doc, after telling me i would not be on a bike until October, looks at my file briefly and says "you can tolerate it, ride it" ehh ok.
Lets break it down, my issues that is. Before the accident, i had developed an intense left seat bone pain. It felt like the seat was pressing upon a nerve, when i reached 3sth miles. The faster i pedaled, the more it hurt. This has been plaguing me pretty much my whole cycling career, and way more so after last year's HHH.
So, i had my surgery and was back in the saddle, facing that damn issue again, and readying myself to tackle it. Only life reared it's really ugly head, and i go down in one of the worst crashes of my life. That resulted in breaking and cracking the pelvis on the OTHER side, the right side.
Here i am, 10 weeks later, facing the bike again, 2 months ahead of schedule, according to my orthopedic. It hurts. At first, the left side issue, and then both sides acting up. *sigh*
What do i do? I buy a city bike. A sweetass little Trek 7300/Verve 3 bike. It's gotta big girl seat w/ springs, and hydraulics all over the place. It's heavy and quite a work out. But still, my body hurts.
Tomorrow, I go to Physical Therapy. I have some real high hopes that they get me back on the right road. to recovery. IT's frustrating, I wont like. I am to the point of wondering if i'll ever be back to the level I was last year.
Should i be more patient, or should i be so raring to go? I have no idea, because I know no other cyclists that's had to live thru the trauma i did. If you have, write me!
For now, i'll settle with tooling around on my heavy hybrid, and dream of fast bikes...
Clear Skies Ya'll!
P.S. U S A ! U S A! U S A!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.